I am a big fan of seafood and pasta. My bestie Tricia made me this white wine clam seafood pasta a few months ago and I am finally sharing the recipe with you guys.
A few tips for cooking clams before we start:
- Always brush large to medium clam shells before cooking.
- Discard any open uncooked shell.
- Always add your clam shells in salted water for several hours before you cook them. Use a ratio of 1/3 cup of water to a gallon. When you are ready to cook, drain the salted water and repeat the same process for 30 minutes maximum.
- Clams don’t take long to cook. Steam them for 10 minutes on low heat to avoid any toughness of the meat.
- Any unopened cook clam shell should be discarded . If the shell doesn’t open, that means it was dead from the beginning and may be contaminated.
- You can always substitute the clams for oysters or mussels.
1/3 cup of salt
Enough water to cover clams in a bowl
Preparation for clams:
- Brush your clams with a stiff brush.
- Discard any clams that will not close.
- Soak your clams in salted water the night before. The next day, drain the water and cover the clams with salted water again for about half an hour. The reason for this is to remove the sand inside of the shells.
Ingredients for white wine steamed clams:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
Parsley to taste
1 tablespoon of salt
½ cup of white wine
12 to 15 clams
Directions for white wine steamed clams:
- In a sauce pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add your chopped garlic and parsley until they are slightly golden.
- Pour your white wine then drain the salted water from the clams and add them to your sauce pan. Cover with the lid and bring to a boil on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Discard any clams that remain unopened.
Ingredients for shrimp and scallop sauce:
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of chili powder
2 ½ lbs of scallops
1 ½ of medium shrimp
2 tablespoons of olive oil
¼ of an onion, diced
¼ of a pepper, diced
1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
1 jar of Alfredo sauce
½ cup of water
1 cup of shredded 3 cheese
Preparation for shrimp and scallops:
- If your shrimp and scallops are frozen, thaw for in cold water for 30 minutes before adding any spices to them.
- Clean your shrimp by removing the shell and the vein.
- Add your lemon juice, garlic and chili powder. Let it seat for half an hour.
Directions for shrimp and scallops sauce:
- Heat up your oil in another sauce pan.
- Add your diced onions and peppers. Let them fry until they are slightly tender and fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and scallops then add the red pepper flakes. Gently stir then cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour your Alfredo sauce into your seafood mix. Pour your ½ cup of water into the Alfredo sauce container, shake and add to the seafood mix.
- Add your cheese and stir the sauce. Let it simmer for 5 minutes then add your clams.
- Add and stir in your cooked pasta until evenly coated with the sauce. Click here for cooked pasta directions.
- Let it cook for another 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Serve while it’s still hot.
- Enjoy with a nice glass of white wine. 🙂
The directions are pretty long so you can watch the video if you would like. I hope you enjoy it and don’t hesitate to ask any questions or share your recipe with me 🙂